Alexa is owned by Amazon and provide anyone with basic information on traffic levels for websites. An Alexa rank is measured according to how many users visit your website. Alexa measures these numbers based upon users of their Alexa Toolbar.
In this article I wanted to quickly run through a few ways you can increase your Alexa ranking. The Alexa ranking is vital, because several large advertising companies want to know your Alexa ranking before your able to join their network. The higher your Alexa ranking the more advertising dollars you might receive.
I think there are many ways to bring your Alexa ranking in from millions to the top 100,000, but bringing it even lower will require lots of hard work on your traffic.
Simple ways you can increase your Alexa ranking:
- Install the Alexa toolbar – it will count how many times you visit your own site, thus improving the ranking.
- Add the Alexa Rank widget to your site – Alexa counts these users who visit your site and the widget is seen (users dont even need to have the toolbar install to count).
- Reviews - get your friends to review your site on Alexa.com.
- Encourage your friends to install the Alexa toolbar – the more friends or computers you have with the Alexa toolbar the better. This will hopefully lead to your friends reading your site and your Alexa ranking to get increase.
- Write Content related to webmasters – webmasters are the types of users who use the Alexa toolbar. The more of those users you can get to your site, the better the ranking!
So these are simple ways to quickly increase your Alexa ranking. I’m sure there are a lot of other ways to improve your ranking, but these are quick and easy to do.